Dedalus FoundationDeadline: October 15, 2015
The Dedalus Foundation supports and partners with nonprofit institutions that share its mission of fostering public understanding of modern art and modernism in the arts. The Foundation’s focus areas are:
- Arts Education: grants support symposiums and lectures, K-12 programs, community-based programs, residencies, fellowship programs, and educational programs at museums, art schools, colleges, and universities
- Research and Publication: grants support scholarly research on modern art and modernism, exhibition catalogues, and the publication of scholarly books and periodicals
- Archives and Conservation: grants support projects focused on the science and practice of the conservation and restoration of works of art, and the processing, description, cataloging, and preservation of archival materials, and to oral history programs
- Curatorial Program: grants support exhibitions of modern and contemporary art and programs in curatorial studies
- Motherwell Legacy Program: grants support exhibitions, publications, and other educational programs that are specifically focused on Robert Motherwell
The year 2015 is the centenary of Robert Motherwell’s birth. The Foundation will therefore be giving priority to projects in the Motherwell Legacy Program for the coming year.
Amount: Grants range from $7,500 to $25,000.
Eligibility: Eligibility is limited to tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations. Giving is on a national basis with emphasis on New York.