Deluxe Corporation Foundation: Short + Tweet Grants ProgramDeadline: October 21, 2016
The Short & Tweet Grants Program gives nonprofit organizations an opportunity to apply for a grant (via a nomination process) on Twitter through posting a tweet up to 140 characters in length. The Foundation will award grants to organizations with a primary mission related to the following qualifying grant categories:
- Economic empowerment: small business education, entrepreneurship development
- Creating tomorrow’s workforce: programs that help low-income high school students pursue post-secondary education, tutoring programs, work skills and continuing education for adults with limited incomes
- Promoting financial literacy: economic education programs, personal finance education
- Crisis: emergency response and assistance, counseling services for people in crisis
- Arts: professional performing arts groups; dance, theatre or music; art museums
Amount: A total of $100,000 will be awarded to ten organizations. Each grant award will be $10,000.
Eligibility: Organizations that are tax-exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, classified as public charities, and not classified as type III non-functionally integrated supporting organizations. Organizations must have $3 million or less in annual gross revenue. An individual who submits an application must be a legal resident of the United States who is at least 21 years of age at the time of applying.