Department of Interior: Tribal Heritage GrantsDeadline: March 20, 2015
The National Park Service is accepting applications for Fiscal Year 2015 Historic Preservation Fund Grants. Grant categories are as follows:
Locating and identifying cultural resources, including:
- 1) Survey and inventory of historic or significant places; and 2) Survey of traditional skills and information;
- Preserving a historic property listed on the National Register, including: 1) Project planning (plans and specifications for preserving a specific structure or site); and 2) Repair work to preserve a specific historic structure or site;
- Comprehensive Preservation Planning;
- Oral History and Documenting Cultural Traditions;
- Education and Training for a Historic Preservation Program; and
- Other Projects involving Cultural and Historic Preservation.
Amount: $250,000 is available for up to 10 awards, ranging from $5,000-$40,000 ($60,000 for construction) per year. Grants are awarded once per year.
Eligibility: Federally recognized Indian tribes, Alaskan Native groups, and Native Hawaiian organizations defined as eligible under the National Historic Preservation Act.