Dollar General Literacy Foundation: Youth Literacy Grants
The Dollar General Literacy Foundation understands that success in today’s world requires a strong educational foundations, particularly solid literacy skills. The Foundation’s overall program goals are to:
- Increase access to programs that are designed to help adults and youth who are struggling with basic literacy and education
- Ensure individuals are able to read English at proficient levels to advance toward and obtain their high school diploma or equivalent
- Help create models of success/best practices that can be replicated in order to help increase the high school graduation rate and GED attainment rate in the United States
The Foundation’s Youth Literacy Grants provide funding to schools, public libraries, and nonprofit organizations to help students who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading. Grant funding is provided to assist in the following areas:
- Implementing new or expanding existing literacy programs
- Purchasing new technology or equipment to support literacy initiatives
- Purchasing books, materials, or software for literacy programs
Amount: Grants of up to $4,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) organizations with a valid IRS tax ID; K-12 private or public schools; colleges/universities; and public libraries. Organizations must provide direct services and be located within 20 miles of a Dollar General store (there are 79 Dollar General stores in NM).
This post was filed under: