Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation’s mission is to impact the life-saving capabilities and the lives of local heroes and their communities. This is accomplished by providing lifesaving equipment and prevention education tools to first responders and public safety organizations. Funding areas include:
- Lifesaving equipment: To provide first responders with live-saving equipment. Examples include vehicle extrication tools, automated external defibrillators (AEDs), bunker gear, thermal imaging cameras, automated chest compression systems, vehicle stabilization struts, bullet-proof vests, all-terrain vehicles, and fire hoses.
- Prevention education: Provide prevention education tools to the public about the importance of public safety in order to prevent disasters in the home and community. Examples include fire extinguisher training systems, inflatable fire safety houses, prevention education materials, and programming initiatives to focus on issues such as DUI education, carbon monoxide poisoning, CPR training and accessibility, and other relevant safety issues.
- Scholarship and continued education: Provide financial resources or continued education to individuals pursuing a career in public safety. Examples include partnering with schools on scholarship programs for individuals pursuing/advancing their career in the public safety sector.
- Disaster relief: Provide assistance and resources during and after natural and man‐made disasters such as fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. Examples include feeding first responders and survivors and providing lifesaving equipment to first responders to help them better prepare for any future disasters.
- Support for members of the military: Benefit men and women of the military who have served their country in any of the branches of the United States Uniformed Services.
Amount: Grants typically range from $15,000-$20,000.
Eligibility: Fire departments, law enforcement, EMS, public safety organizations, nonprofits, and schools. Priority is given to organizations that are located within a 60-mile radius of a Firehouse Subs restaurant.
This post was filed under: