Fund for Shared Insight: Listen for GoodDeadline: May 26, 2017
Listen for Good is a grant initiative that is dedicated to building the practice of listening to the people we seek to help. Listen for Good is structured as a multi-sector partnership between Fund for Shared Insight; SurveyMonkey, a private company with a scaled survey platform; co-funders; and U.S.-based nonprofit organizations.
The goal of Listen for Good is to explore a simple but systematic and rigorous way of collecting feedback from the people nonprofits seek to help, as well as to help the nonprofit organizations, across issue areas, populations served, geographies, and budget levels, to build the practice of high quality feedback loops with those they serve.
Amount: A total of up to 75 organizations will receive a grant of $45,000 over two years ($35,000 in the first year and $15,000 in the second year). Organizations will also be able to access to technical assistance to guide their implementation efforts.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be U.S.-based, 501c3 public charities whose work is focused domestically in the United States (and thus all clients surveyed as part of Listen for Good must be U.S.-based clients).
- Have a minimum annual budget of $500,000 in the current (2017) and previous (2016) fiscal year.
- Be customer-facing and thus have ultimate beneficiaries whom they serve from whom it would make sense to collect feedback about their experience with the organization’s programs and/or services.
- Serve at least 100 beneficiaries annually and have intentions to survey a minimum of 50 respondents for each cycle of Listen for Good.
- Serve, and plan to implement feedback loops with, clients whose voices are least heard (more information will be posted about this in the FAQs, anticipated to be available soon).
- Be nominated by a co-funder willing to contribute $15,000 to Fund for Shared Insight’s Listen for Good Initiative in support of the grant. All the funder needs to do is confirm with the nonprofit that they will provide this grant. The nonprofit will provide the nominating co-funder information on their submitted application.
Note: Informational webinars will be held for co-funders on March 13 and March 21, 2017 and nonprofit applicants on April 18, May 9, and May 22, 2017. See the Listen for Good website (above) to register.