Gamma Mu FoundationDeadline: May 31, 2015
The Gamma Mu Foundation funds organizations that serve clients and communities primarily in the rural and/or underserved United States, with the purpose of supporting the unmet needs of the GLBT community. The Gamma Mu Foundation provides grants in the following areas:
- HIV/AIDS Services: Services and programs that benefit individuals, caregivers, and families impacted by HIV/AIDS. Programs also include HIV prevention and education.
- Community Services: Services and programs that support GLBT sub-populations such as youth, seniors, victims of domestic violence, etc.
- Research and Public Education: Services and programs that help to make the world a more hospitable place for people regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity.
The Foundation allocates its resources in support of the following major goals:
- Ensuring the support of GLBT health and social service organizations
- Enhancing the community through support of projects identifying the Foundation as a source of support for the GLBT community
- Increasing the grantee’s organizational capacity and resources to assure continued program viability after Foundation support terminates
- Giving priority consideration to proposals that provide services in rural and/or underserved settings
Amount: Grant awards range from $3,000 to $8,000.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) organizations located within the United States.