IDEA Impact GrantsDeadline: March 31, 2017
IDEA seeks to promote new knowledge in higher education in the fields of teaching, learning, and campus climate. Impact Grants are designed to promote effective student learning by carefully exploring and systematically documenting the efficacy of various teaching practices, learning environments, and institutional policies. Examples of the kinds of projects funded include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Classroom interventions designed to improve student learning
- Investigations of student and course characteristics that are related to learning
- Evaluation of innovative teaching methods
- Methods for engaging students in online courses
- Innovative approaches to faculty development that impact student learning
- Comprehensive approaches to teaching evaluation
- Innovative approaches to leadership development
- Strategies and approaches that improve student well-being
Amount: Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: Grants will support individual faculty members, professional staff, departments, colleges, or programs. Awardees will be required to work with IDEA to disseminate findings.