Japan Foundation: Performing Arts JapanDeadline: October 31, 2019
The Japan Foundation is accepting applications for touring and collaboration grants through its Performing Arts Japan (PAJ) program. The program is designed to provide financial assistance to organizations that aim to introduce Japanese performing arts to local audiences. The program awards two types of grants:
- Touring Grants help present Japanese performing arts at multiple locations in the United States and Canada, with an emphasis on locations outside major metropolitan areas
- Collaboration Grants help Japanese and American/Canadian artists develop a new work, which will further an appreciation of Japanese culture when presented to American/Canadian audiences
The primary objectives of PAJ are:
- To increase access to Japanese performing arts in the United States and Canada, especially outside major metropolitan areas
- To foster an understanding of Japanese performing arts by providing educational programs for audiences in each touring location apart from public performances
- To support collaborative projects between Japanese and American/Canadian performing artists
Amount: Grants have ranged from $12,000-$33,500 in past competitions. Grants are made on a cost-sharing basis. The Foundation will not fund more than 50% of the project costs, nor will it fund the overhead and administrative costs of the applicant organization.
Eligibility: U.S. based or Canada based nonprofit organizations.