Lenfest Institute: Facebook Journalism Project Community Network
The mission of the Facebook Journalism Project (FJP) Community Network is to support and connect people and organizations that are building community through local news. FJP offers grants as well as opportunities to connect with industry experts. Whether a person or publisher is trying to build a new business around memberships, report in an underserved community, or build a tool that helps local storytellers find and engage news audiences, FJP wants to provide a runway for them to serve their community. Project proposals do not require the use of Facebook tools or products.
Projects will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Builds Community
- Improves Publisher Sustainability
- Covers Underserved Communities and/or News Deserts
- Clearly Defines Success
Amount: Grants range from $5,000-$25,000.
- Grants may be requested by for-profit and nonprofit organizations in the United States
- Grants may be requested by individuals working for nonprofit or a for-profit organization in the United States
- Applicants agree that if they are awarded a grant, Lenfest and Facebook can use data and information provided in the initial application and subsequent reporting form to share learnings with other local news organizations
This post was filed under: