Levitt Foundation: AMP [Your City] Grant AwardsDeadline: October 10, 2016
The Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards is a matching grant program made possible by the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, a national private foundation dedicated to strengthening the social fabric of America through the power of free, live music. With Levitt AMP, the joy of free, live music is bringing communities together in small and mid-sized towns and cities across the country.
Grants will be awarded to up to 15 U.S.-based nonprofit organizations serving towns and cities with populations of up to 400,000. Each Levitt AMP Music Series will feature a musically diverse lineup of high caliber entertainment. Each grantee should offer a minimum of 10 free outdoor concerts presented over 10 to 12 consecutive weeks during 2017.
The music series must take place in small to mid-sized towns and cities within the U.S. and its territories with a population of up to 400,000 people, and may be located within a metropolitan area with a population of no more than 1,000,000. For towns or cities located within a metropolitan area with a population of more than 1,000,000, the town or city must be at least 25 miles from the anchor city of the metropolitan area.
The most competitive proposals will display the following:
- The public space is easily accessible to a range of socioeconomic groups
- A programming philosophy that is inclusive, family-friendly, and represents a wide range of music genres, in keeping with the permanent Levitt venue program
- A proven track record of presenting professional quality concerts or community events, or partnering with an individual or organization that has done so
As part of the application, an online public voting process will determine the top 25 finalists. The Levitt Foundation will then review the top 25 proposals and up to 15 selected Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Award winners.
Amount: Grants of $25,000 will be awarded to up to 15 organizations. Applicants must demonstrate matching funds, dollar for dollar, from other sources.
Eligibility: Applicants must be a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. In addition:
- The public space where the free concerts are to be presented must be outdoors, easily accessible to a wide range of socioeconomic groups, and have a lawn-like setting with no fixed seating.
- If a permanent Levitt venue is located in an applicant’s state or region, the proposed Levitt AMP site must be located a minimum of 50 miles or more from the existing Levitt venue.
- The entire Music Series must be free to the public, open to all ages, and presented over 10 to 12 consecutive weeks, between May 1, 2017 and November 15, 2017.