Los Alamos County: Cultural and Social Services Request For ProposalsDeadline: December 11, 2015
The County of Los Alamos is soliciting proposals for the social, cultural, and recreational services listed below:
- Community Cultural Events: The successful Offeror will provide a variety of musical or theatrical performances for the community.
- Community Art Center: The successful Offeror will staff and operate a community art center, provide art classes, programs, and displays in this art center.
- Historical Museum and Historical Education Program: The successful Offeror will staff and operate a Los Alamos Historical Museum and bookstore, offer history-related programs, and maintain a Los Alamos historical archive. The successful Offeror will also develop historical education programs and services for young people and families as well as increase outreach programs to the schools and other community organizations.
- Juvenile Programs and Restorative Justice: The successful Offeror will provide ongoing coordination, development, administration, and evaluation of juvenile services and programs, including education, assessment, prevention, and early intervention. Areas of focus should include, but are not limited to: 1) alcohol and/or substance abuse, prevention, deterrence, assessment and treatment; 2) delinquency prevention, including reducing truancy, vandalism or other identified at-risk behaviors; 3) leadership development and mentoring of youth; 4) parent and juvenile education and support; 5) gender specific curricula to improve self-esteem and decision making; 6) multi-generational engagement in the community; 7) restorative justice; and 8) healthy living and life skills training.
- Parent Education and Family Development: The successful Offeror will provide a broad spectrum of parent education and family development programs, including support services for parents and youth. The successful offeror will be expected to work with local organizations already involved with parents and families to identify and provide services, activities, workshops, classes and events.
- Senior Citizens Program and Adult Daycare Services: The successful Offeror will staff and operate two senior centers (one in Los Alamos and one in White Rock) for the purposes of providing congregate and home delivered meals, transportation services, educational and social programs, entertainment, and volunteer opportunities to the Los Alamos senior citizen population. The successful Offeror will also provide an adult day care and respite care program at the Betty Ehart Senior Center subject to the number of participants and availability of funding from sources other than County.
- Los Alamos and White Rock Youth Activity Centers: The successful Offeror will staff and operate two youth activity centers (one in Los Alamos and one in White Rock) for the purposes of providing a safe, educational, recreational, drug and alcohol-free environment for youth in third through eighth grades.
Amount: Multi-term contracts are expected to be award. The term of the contracts may be for a period of up to three years, with renewals or extensions for up to one consecutive one-year period.
Eligibility: Eligibility limitations are not stated. Offerors are expected to have familiarity with the community and experience within the past three years in providing the services for which they are requesting support.