Lumina Foundation: Education Innovation PrizeDeadline: March 10, 2019
The Lumina Foundation Education Innovation Prize seeks to support programs that help adults in the U.S. develop the skills and obtain credentials that lead to further education and employment in a rapidly changing economy. Strong submissions will include solutions that align with one or more of the following considerations:
- Provide support for solutions that advance Lumina’s equity imperative — solutions that place equity and excellence at the center of their models — to give all Americans, regardless of race, income, and other socioeconomic factors, a fair shot at success
- Provide support for alternative education providers focused on adult learners, such as community-based organizations, workforce training providers, the military, and employers
- Provide unique wraparound supports that benefit adult learners
- Capture and translate learning gained through work, military, and certification experiences toward credentials of value
- Consider solutions that address educational, employment, and holistic needs for incarcerated or formerly incarcerated individuals
- Consider solutions that address educational, employment, and holistic needs for military personnel transitioning out of the service
- Articulate return on investment for education providers serving adult learners and for adults considering postsecondary education pathways
Amount: A total of $50,000 will be awarded as: One judge choice prize of $25,000 and one audience choice prize of $25,000.
Eligibility: Legally-registered U.S. organizations. Individuals must enter the Challenge as the authorized representative of an otherwise eligible business or nonprofit organization.