National Alliance for Grieving Children / New York Life Foundation: Capacity Building GrantsDeadline: April 10, 2017
The National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC) in partnership with New York Life seeks to enhance the overall operations, efficiency, and capacity of organizations serving bereaved youth and their families. Applicants need to demonstrate how the grant will enable them to operate more effectively at an organizational level by addressing their organizational strengths and weaknesses and proposing goals that are achievable in a 12-month period with the funds allocated.
Proposals should fit one of the five major categories listed below:
- Planning activities: Organizational assessments, strategic planning, fund development, communications/marketing, recruiting or maintaining volunteer support, and business planning
- Staff/board development: Leadership training, defining the role of the board, recruitment of new board members, and strengthening governance
- Strategic relationships/collaboration: Technical assistance, consultant support, restructuring, mergers, or business planning
- Internal operations: Development of evaluation systems and training, facility planning, or mprovements to financial management, human resources, or volunteer management
- Technology improvements: Improving IT capacity through upgrades to hardware and software, networking, updating websites, and staff training to optimize use of technology
Amount: Grants of $10,000 each will be awarded to up to 10 organizations through this grant cycle.
Eligibility: Organizations must:
- Be a private, nonprofit organization, with tax-exempt status, and not a private foundation
- Be in operation as a 501(c)(3) for at least one year
- Request an amount not greater than 20 percent of the organization’s most recent fiscal year actuals
- Provide 990 tax returns for the past two years (if applicable)
- Currently be serving bereaved youth
- Have at least one paid staff person
Note: A Q/A webinar will be held on March 29, 2017 (see the link above to register).