National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Pre-K-6 Classroom Research GrantsDeadline: November 4, 2016
The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Pre-K-6 Classroom Research Grants supports classroom-based research in pre-college mathematics education in collaboration with college or university mathematics educators. The research must be a collaborative effort involving a college or university mathematics educator (a mathematics education researcher or a teacher of mathematics learning, teaching, or curriculum) and one or more grades Pre-K-6 classroom teachers. The proposal may include, but is not restricted to, research on the following topics:
- Curriculum development and implementation
- Involvement of at-risk or minority students
- Students’ thinking about a particular mathematics concept or set of concepts
- Connection of mathematics to other disciplines
- Focused learning and teaching of mathematics with embedded use of technology (any acquisition of equipment must support the proposed plan but not be the primary focus of the grant)
- Innovative assessment or evaluation strategies
Amount: Grants of up to $6,000 each will be awarded.
Eligibility: The applicant must be either: 1) a college or university mathematics educator who is a full-year individual member or e-member of NCTM (on or before October 14, 2016), or 2) a teacher (a) with a full-year individual member or e-member of NCTM (on or before October 14, 2016) or (b) who teaches at a school having a current (on or before October 14, 2016) NCTM Pre-K-8 school membership.