New Earth FoundationDeadline: July 1, 2019
The New Earth Foundation’s (NEF’s) vision is to create an enhanced worldwide awareness, manifesting as universal peace and respect for all forms of life, the responsible use of Earth’s resources in sustainable ways, and a common realization that all is interconnected and one. New Earth Foundation envisions greater wisdom in handling human affairs, an increased understanding of other cultures by education, and the willingness to cooperate. The Foundation’s mission is to fund innovative, humanitarian projects according to the vision of New Earth Foundation, from community efforts that create models of social sustainability, to educational innovations that prepare youth to be future socially responsible leaders; from strategies that offer economic advances, to environmental initiatives that curb pollution and save the planet’s precious resources and earth’s natural biosphere.
The Foundation funds projects that enhance life on the planet and brighten the future, furthering peace. The Foundation’s grants support a wide variety of projects in many fields of endeavor, including but not limited to environmental initiatives that are working to help eliminate pollution and to save the planet’s ecosystems, community efforts that create models of social sustainability, educational innovations that prepare youth to become the socially responsible leaders of the future, and strategies that offer economic improvement and opportunities.
The Foundation awards grants to projects that serve life’s wellness and Earth’s peace, according to the criteria listed below. The project:
- Meets NEF’s vision and mission
- Is innovative, new, pioneering, even ingenious
- Transforms an aspect of society and provides practical solutions
- Fulfills an important and persisting need
- Outlines one specific undertaking with clearly defined goals, implementation plan, and expected results
- Indicates who will benefit and how
- Endeavors to involve those who are served in the planning process
- Includes plans for replication so that benefits can multiply
- Contains an evaluation process to measure success, progress, and future decision-making
- Seeks community involvement and/or collaboration with other organizations
- Is cost-effective, with a realistic budget appropriate for the proposed program, and a suitable balance between administrative costs and benefits to those served
- Has a plan of acquiring future funding from other sources
- Has qualified staff/volunteers to carry out the project, with staff qualifications clearly specified
- Has images of models/examples
The Foundation particularly appreciates projects that are replicable so that excellent ideas and work can multiply and benefit many.
Amount: Awards typically range from $1,000-$5,000.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations and organizations that apply through a fiscal sponsor. Smaller, newer 501(c)(3) organizations are the focus of grants given, so that the foundation’s gift can make a more significant contribution to the work of the recipient.