New England Foundation for the Arts: National Dance Project Touring AwardsDeadline: October 11, 2016
National Dance Project (NDP) Touring Awards are made to U.S. tours of dance works by national and international artists who have planned U.S. tours. Touring Awards applications and projects will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Involve presentations of dance works of genuine imagination and originality by artists of recognized skill and accomplishment
- Push aesthetic boundaries and reflect the cultural and aesthetic diversity alive in dance today, including interdisciplinary works, enabling choreographers and dance artists to partner with creators in other artistic forms or explore hybrid art forms
- Nurture long-term and multi-faceted partnerships between choreographers and presenters
- Offer potential to engage audiences because of the presented works relevance, originality and/or timeliness, and enable choreographers to explore creative ways of engaging audiences through the project’s use of live and virtual strategies to connect to the public
- Involve choreographers and dance artists from a range of career stages
- Expose audiences, and U.S.-based choreographers, to international work of outstanding quality and originality, primarily through NDP Touring Awards
- Expand the aesthetic styles and geographic reach of projects and companies funded through the NDP Production Grants
Amount: $35,000 will be awarded to up to ten dance works to subsidize up to 50% of the artist’s fee (including housing, per diem, and travel) for the presentation of the NDP project.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for a 2016 Touring Award, applicants must:
- Be choreographers or companies applying for a project with a planned U.S. tour during the NDP touring period of: June 1, 2017–November 30, 2018. Applications from artists/companies based outside the U.S. are eligible.
- Demonstrate that the project is in an advanced stage of development, will premiere by November 1, 2017, and will be available to tour during the NDP Touring Period, June 1, 2017 through November 30, 2018.
- Demonstrate that at least three U.S. nonprofit organizations (presenters) from at least two states are committed to presenting the work on tour.
Note: school, youth, or student companies and groups are not eligible to apply.