New England Foundation for the Arts: National Theater Project Creation and Touring GrantsDeadline: March 11, 2019
The National Theater Project (NTP) was created to provide a critical means of support of artist-led, ensemble, and devised theater work. Creation and Touring Grants will:
- Support the development and touring of new artist-led, devised, ensemble theater works that demonstrate excellence in the artists’ practice.
- Support work that contributes to the cultural and aesthetic diversity of today’s theater. New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA) values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive world, which it interprets as all people having fair access to the tools and resources they need to realize creative and community endeavors. It acknowledges structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunity based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography, and strives to counter those inequities in its work.
- Offer the potential to deepen engagement because of the work’s relevance, originality, and/or timeliness.
- Reflect meaningful partnerships with presenters, producers, and other organizations that are involved in the development, promotion, and touring of the new work.
- Produce a viable plan for touring the supported work in multiple communities in the U.S. and its territories.
NTP is interested in artist-led, ensemble, devised theater projects developed using a variety of methods and types of collaborations. These could include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ongoing ensembles of collaborating artists with a history of devising work
- Artists and ensembles who lead projects and engage collaborating artists on a project basis
- Artists and ensembles with touring experience who have innovative project proposals
- Artists and ensembles who have little previous touring experience, but have relationships with presenters or other theaters
- Artists and ensembles with local support and organizational partners who will assist in development and tour planning
Amount: Awards range from $80,000 to $130,000.
Eligibility: The National Theater Project will consider projects submitted by:
- U.S.-based theater ensembles and individual theater artists with identified collaborators
- Organizations able to prove nonprofit status; for individual artists, an organizational partner may serve as the fiscal agent
- Projects with at least one committed development partner relationship