New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department: New Mexico PreK ProgramsDeadline: March 20, 2019
The New Mexico PreK Program seeks to: 1) increase statewide access to voluntary high quality early childhood education programs; 2) provide developmentally appropriate early learning activities for New Mexico children that focus on school readiness; 3) expand early childhood community capacity; and 4) provide high quality early childhood education programs. The program will provide funding to applicants to provide the following NM PreK Program Options:
- New Mexico PreK Basic Services: Services shall be provided Monday through Friday. 450 Instructional hours and 90 hours of family engagement activities per program per year for children who turn four years of age before 12:01 a.m., September 1st and are not age-eligible for kindergarten. Group size 20 children with a 1:10 ratio.
- New Mexico PreK Extended Day Services: Services shall be provided Monday through Friday. 900 Instructional hours and 90 hours of family engagement activities per program per year for children who turn four years of age before 12:01 a.m., September 1st and are not age-eligible for kindergarten. Group size 20 children with a 1:10 ratio.
New Mexico PreK applications shall be evaluated and priority given to programs within the attendance boundaries of public elementary schools that are designated as Title 1 schools and that have at least sixty-six percent of the children served living within the attendance zone of a Title 1 elementary school. (See current list of Title I schools at www.newmexicoprek.org).
New Mexico PreK Programs must apply to participate in the FOCUS (New Mexico Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement System) within one year of award, as stated in the New Mexico PreK Standards.
Although all eligible early childhood education programs statewide are encouraged to apply, CYFD will prioritize the funding of New Mexico PreK programs located within (and serving the children living within) the boundaries of Early Childhood Investment Zones, which include:
- Dexter, Tatum, Lovington, Hobbs, Eunice, and Jal School Districts
- Logan, San Jon, Tucumcari, House, Vaughn, and Santa Rosa School Districts
- Estancia and Mountainair School Districts
- Gallup-McKinley, Zuni, and Grants-Cibola School Districts
- Cuba, Dulce, Jemez Mountain, Chama Valley, Mesa Vista, and Espanola School Districts
- Mosquero, Roy, Cimarron, Raton, Maxwell, and Springer School Districts
- Rio Grande Cluster of the Albuquerque Public Schools
- Magdalena, Deming, Hatch, Gadsden, and Truth or Consequences School Districts
Amount: The New Mexico PreK (4 year-olds) rate schedule is below:
- $6,412.40 Per-Child Reimbursement Rate for a NM PreK Extended-Day Child
- $3,206.20 Per-Child Reimbursement Rate for a NM PreK Basic Child
Eligibility: Currently funded NM PreK programs whose contract and/or purchase order is expected to terminate on June 30, 2019, as well as new programs, are encouraged to respond to this application. Eligible applicants are:
- Early childhood education programs that are licensed by CYFD and in good standing and do not operate under the auspices of the New Mexico Public Education Department
- Programs must provide services Monday through Friday
- Tribal early childhood education programs
- BIE schools and BIE contract (and grant) schools with early childhood education programs
- Programs currently funded or previously funded by CYFD for NM PreK services must be (or must have been) in satisfactory contract compliance
Note: Applicants may attend a pre-application meeting so that they understand the application process and requirements for funding. A pre-application meeting will be held on, February 12, 2019 in English from 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm; and in Spanish from 3:00 pm to 4:15pm, at the following location:
New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department
(Old) PERA Building – 2nd Floor Auditorium/Apodaca Hall
1120 Paseo de Peralta
Santa Fe, NM 87501