New Mexico Department of Health: School Health Workforce DevelopmentDeadline: March 30, 2018
The School Health Workforce Development solicitation will fund statewide partners who will assist with workforce development of school and adolescent health personnel for the Office of School and Adolescent Health (OSAH). Effective school health personnel must be provided opportunities to strengthen their professional skills to enhance their practice and to maintain licensure. Applicants must be able to identify and engage key community partners, including clinical and content experts in school health, adolescent health agencies and organizations, youth engagement partners, and school based health centers to provide up-to-date information on best and promising practices. Applicants must have feasible implementation, operational, and evaluation plans for the provision of the identified workforce development strategies. Additionally, applicants must have the capacity to provide a variety of opportunities for school health staff to enhance their professional skills, as well as capacity to provide continuing education units for a variety of school health professions, including but not limited to nursing, social work, and medical
Proposals must include the following:
- Workforce development for school nurses and school health assistants
- Workforce development for school academic counselors and social workers
- Workforce development for school health promotion staff, including youth engagement specialists
- Workforce development for school based health center personnel, including, coordinators, medical assistants, primary care providers, and behavioral health care providers
- Strategies that will be used to build upon existing partnerships and relationships that support school health workforce development and activities statewide
Amount: Contract(s) will be awarded for a period of up to four years.
Eligibility: Private for profit organizations, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies are eligible. Agencies that have worked with the OSAH are preferred but is not mandatory.