New Mexico Funders Collaborative: Communities in Action: Mental & Behavioral Health GrantDeadline: November 15, 2018
The Communities in Action: Mental & Behavioral Health Grant (CIA-MBH) is a collaborative funding opportunity that brings together funders from across New Mexico to pool resources and make at least one high impact grant. This grant is a collaborative investment from funders in various sectors that encourage organizations to demonstrate similar collaborative thinking when submitting applications. The CIA-MBH grant is focused on supporting mental and behavioral health programs that serve individuals/communities in Central New Mexico: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia, and/or Torrance counties.
Key interest areas for this opportunity include programs that strengthen:
- Access to mental/behavioral health services and community supports: Programs that provide accessible services to individuals and communities that may otherwise have difficulty obtaining necessary mental/behavioral health treatment
- Public and educational awareness: Programs that work in schools, community centers, or other venues to raise awareness and promote education and resources for those struggling with mental and behavioral health issues
- Employment and workforce pipeline: Programs applying in this area should demonstrate how they are building a local employment pipeline to keep clinicians, social workers, psychiatrists, and other mental/behavioral health professionals in the Greater Albuquerque Metro Area
- Intergenerational services: Programs applying in this area should demonstrate a focus on breaking generational cycles of violence, substance abuse, trauma, and/or other forms of (and results of) mental illness and behavioral health issues
Amount: At least one high impact grant of $25,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: Organizations must be:
- Exempt from U.S. federal income tax pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as a public charity under section 509(a)(1) or section 509(a)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code; and/or
- An educational institution or governmental entity;
- Located anywhere in the United States, however a local partner supporting Central New Mexico is required