New Mexico Indian Affairs Department: Fiscal Year 2017 Special Project FundsDeadline: June 28, 2016
The New Mexico Indian Affairs Department was appropriated funds to support special projects in New Mexico Native American communities. Special projects will be evaluated to determine their efficiency and effectiveness in accomplishing stated performance measures in projects focused on the youth, the elders, or veterans.
Funding will be awarded to applicant programs that:
- Best demonstrate a thorough understanding of the population to be served
- Demonstrate an organized plan to implement a special project that utilizes best practices and meets the needs of the tribal community served
- Demonstrate a reasonable budget with sufficient justification of costs for each line item
- Demonstrate a favorable record of performance
- Provide a shared interest in the proposed program through supplemental financial support and/or in-kind contributions
Amount: A total of $416,000 is available with grants ranging up to $40,000 per program award.
Eligibility: Tribal-serving organizations, federally recognized Indian nations, tribes, or pueblos located wholly or partially in New Mexico or any of its governmental subdivisions.