New Mexico Library Foundation: STEM Innovation GrantDeadline: November 30, 2018
The Funding Priority of the STEM Innovation Grant is library services specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and the environment.
Eligible STEM Innovation grant requests include programs or projects that:
- Provide students* developmentally appropriate opportunities to grow an innate interest in STEM
- Provide professional development opportunities that improve and develop the content knowledge skills of the PreK-12 STEM teacher workforce and teacher instruction
- Develop, improve, or expand programs, resources, or curriculum available in STEM classrooms and other learning environments (a request for equipment will be considered eligible only if the equipment is integrated into a project plan tied to a comprehensive STEM education effort)
- Ensure students have the core competencies needed to pursue a career or degree in STEM fields
- Strengthen and expand opportunities for students to do and learn science in after-school settings
- Provide activities that support student application of classroom STEM knowledge to real-life applications
- Increase the number of/types of opportunities for students and teachers to get to know positive, real-life individuals in STEM careers, making the field more accessible
*Students are defined as school or college students, teachers, caregivers, or life-long learners
Amount: Between $3,000-$5,000 over a one-year period.
Eligibility: Individual libraries or libraries in collaboration with museums, tribal and community organizations, public school districts, and private/public elementary and secondary schools as listed by the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES); academic and research institutions; and nonprofit charitable organizations classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity by the IRS. Only New Mexico entities are eligible to apply.