NewMexicoWomen.Org: Adolescent Girls of Color
NewMexicoWomen.Org (NMW.O) strives to advance opportunities for self-identified women and girls statewide so that they can lead self-sufficient, healthy, and empowered lives. NMW.O’s Adolescent Girls of Color grants aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthen the gender justice movement and efforts in New Mexico by partnering primarily with organizations working with and/or serving adolescent girls of color, as well as low income and rural communities working on behalf of adolescent girls in New Mexico
- Foster community health by supporting culturally rooted and relevant healing programs and efforts for adolescent girls of color
- Educate decision-makers and community members on the dynamics of racism, patriarchy, and colonization and the effects they have on adolescent girls of color
- Increase understanding of how organizations and communities across the state define and work towards gender justice and healing for adolescent girls of color
Adolescent Girls of Color grants will support organizations or programs that support adolescent girls of color, with an emphasis on work that encompasses gender justice and healing. NMW.O defines adolescence as the transitional phase of growth and development between childhood and adulthood (between ages 10 through 21). NMW.O takes an intersectional approach when defining adolescent girls of color, which is inclusive of transgender, two-spirited, and gender nonconforming or non-binary adolescents and youth.
Amount: Grants will range from $15,000-$20,000.
Eligibility: Organizations and programs that are working with and for adolescent girls of color in New Mexico, especially those that are supporting the well-being and leadership of young women of color as change agents. Specifically, organizations or programs that are working toward:
- Building power and grassroots movements with and for adolescent girls of color
- Developing leadership
- Improving girls’ health and wellbeing
- Other relevant efforts to support gender justice and healing
This post was filed under: