Paso Del Norte Health Foundation: Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL)Deadline: November 20, 2017
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation will provide funding to organizations to promote one of the interest areas that help meet the goals identified in the Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Strategic Plan:
- Sustainable programs to advance healthy eating or active living
- Policy solutions related to the Food for Every Family report
- School health systems, organizational, or policy change designed to improve healthy eating or active living outcomes; and evidence based interventions to improve school lunch participation rates
Amount: Award ranges are not provided. In the past grants have ranged from $80,000-$7,373,159 and include:
- $7,373,159 to The University of Texas El Paso to establish a backbone organization in support of healthy eating and active living for the Paso del Norte region.
- $579,882 to La Semilla Food Center to use a three-tiered teacher-training model to provide school garden and nutrition education programming to schools in Dona Ana County, NM and El Paso County, TX.
- $80,000 to the Ysleta Independent School District to use the CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) program as a comprehensive approach to school health in 23 elementary schools, in El Paso, TX.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations, including churches and units of government that are located in the Paso del Norte Region (El Paso and Hudspeth Counties in far west Texas, Doña Ana, Luna, and Otero Counties in southern New Mexico, and the municipality of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico).