PeopleForBikes: Community Grant Program
The PeopleForBikes Community Grant Program supports bicycle infrastructure projects and targeted advocacy initiatives that make it easier and safer for people of all ages and abilities to ride. PeopleForBikes focuses most grant funds on bicycle infrastructure projects such as:
- Bike paths, lanes, trails, and bridges
- Mountain bike facilities
- Bike parks and pump tracks
- BMX facilities
- End-of-trip facilities such as bike racks, bike parking, and bike storage
Some advocacy projects are also funded, such as:
- Programs that transform city streets, such as Ciclovías or Open Streets Days
- Initiatives designed to increase ridership or the investment in bicycle infrastructure
PeopleForBikes will fund engineering and design work, construction costs including materials, labor, and equipment rental, and reasonable volunteer support costs. For advocacy projects, it will fund staffing that is directly related to accomplishing the goals of the initiative.
Eligibility: Applications are accepted from nonprofit organizations with a focus on bicycling, active transportation, or community development, from city or county agencies or departments, and from state or federal agencies working locally.
Amount: Requests of up to $10,000 are accepted. A specific percentage match is not required but PeopleForBikes does look at leverage and funding partnerships carefully. Requests cannot be in the amount of 50% or more of the project budget.
This post was filed under: