PeopleForBikes: Community Grant ProgramDeadline: January 22, 2021
The PeopleForBikes Community Grant Program supports bicycle infrastructure projects and targeted advocacy initiatives that make it easier and safer for people of all ages and abilities to ride. PeopleForBikes seeks to fund specific projects or programs from organizations with a focus on bicycling, active transportation, or community development. PeopleForBikes will fund engineering and design work, construction costs including materials, labor, equipment rental, and reasonable volunteer support costs for non-advocacy projects; advocacy projects will be funded to cover staffing. Eligible projects may include:
- Bike paths, lanes, trails, and bridges
- Mountain bike facilities
- Bike parks and pump tracks
- BMX facilities
- End-of-trip facilities such as bike racks, bike parking/storage, and bike repair stations
- Programs that transform city streets
- Campaigns to increase the investment in bicycle infrastructure
Amount: Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded.
Note: PeopleForBikes grant may not amount to more than 50% of the project budget.
Eligibility: Non-profit organizations, city or county agencies, and state or federal agencies working locally.
Note: Both a spring and a fall application cycle will be held in 2021.