PNM: Reduce Your Use GrantsDeadline: August 8, 2016
PNM Reduce Your Use Grants help nonprofit organizations put their energy-saving ideas into action. Grants are meant to help the environment, while providing nonprofits with more resources to support their missions through decreased spending on energy costs. PNM will fund energy-saving building upgrades, energy-efficient equipment and appliance upgrades, and projects that conserve valuable resources for public use and future generations. All Reduce Your Use grants should include activities designed to educate employees, clients, and community about the importance of energy conservation.
Some examples of projects include:
- Replace incandescent bulbs with CFLs (compact fluorescents), as incandescent lights use four times the electricity of comparable CFL lights
- Install energy-efficient windows
- Properly insulate and weatherize a building
- Purchase Energy Star® appliances
- Make a down payment on a solar panel
Amount: A total of $250,000 is available with grants ranging up to $5,000.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status in PNM’s service area. Priority will be given to organizations that have PNM employees and retirees actively volunteering with them.
Note: An informational webinar will be held on July 20, 2016.