Region 9 Education Cooperative: Personalized Math Instructional Materials
New Mexico Public Education Department Math and Science Bureau is seeking to implement a pilot program of blended personalized math curriculum in three (3) school districts in grades 6-8 in SY 17/18. The project includes software licenses, instructional materials, technology set-up, and training. Initial license purchase must be completed by June 30, 2017. The pilot project will end June 30, 2018 and may be extended through June 30, 2021, based on available funds.
Specifications for the project include:
- Assessments and recommendations to include: school space feasibility, space design, scheduling, staffing review, technology and furniture needs and construction for each school participating in the pilot project
- Teacher orientation and training
- School leadership support and training
- Training, hardware and software to provide students, teachers, parents and administrators access to blended math curriculum in three school districts
- Adaptive, personalized curriculum that includes teacher-led instruction, virtual/independent instructionand collaboration instruction
- Personalized lesson plans based on student assessment
- Identify students who are struggling with a particular skill and provide additional support where needed
- A research-based curriculum aligned to the Common Core
- Ability to identify gaps back to third grade or accelerate up to Algebra I
- Daily customized schedules and real-time feedback on the effectiveness of the lessons delivered toteachers every evening
- Daily assessments that provide data about student learning that students, teachers and parents can easily access
- Ongoing support and training for teachers implementing the program
- Assessments to ensure students are learning and retaining skills
- Access to virtual instruction and practice at home
- Personalized homework for each student
- Personalized schedule for each student based on assessments
- Ability to determine whether a student has mastered a skill and is ready to move to the next skill
Amount: Not specified.
Eligibility: Not specified.
This post was filed under: