Region IX Education Cooperative, on behalf of New Mexico Public Education Department: Online Curriculum ContentDeadline: October 25, 2017
The New Mexico Public Education Department is seeking to implement a pilot program of online social studies curriculum content for grades 6-12 in school year 2017-18. The project includes hosting digital content, software licenses, facilitation and coordination of content templates with New Mexico educators, training, and professional development.
- Build and execute a professional development and online curriculum content creation project focused on building New Mexico teacher leaders through the creation of online curriculum content that aligns with New Mexico standards (i.e. rich tasks, assessments, modules of lessons, etc.).
- Year 1 of this project will focus on the content area of secondary Social Studies, including New Mexico history, but future years may focus on different content areas.
- Curriculum content produced through the program must be available on an easy-to-use technology platform on which teachers across the state can access ready-to-use materials for whole class and small group instruction in traditional and blended learning classrooms.
- A combination of in-person and virtual professional development sessions will be used to provide professional development support to New Mexico teacher leaders engaged in creating the online curriculum content.
- The organization needs to provide PED with recruitment tools, strategy, and consulting support to ensure the selection of the highest caliber teacher leaders from across the state.
- Conduct promotional events throughout the state to inform educators about the content created by the educators.
Eligibility: Public or private organizations with demonstrated expertise planning, development, implementation, management, and delivery of online curriculum content.