Rita and Alex Hillman Foundation: Serious Illness and End of Life Emergent Innovation ProgramDeadline: April 29, 2019
The Hillman Serious Illness and End of Life Emergent Innovation Program provides awards to accelerate the development of bold, nursing-driven interventions targeting the unmet serious illness and end of life needs of vulnerable populations, including the economically disadvantaged, racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ people, people experiencing homelessness, rural populations, and others.
The Foundation seeks creative, early stage (untested or minimal-evidence) innovations that challenge traditional approaches to serious illness and end of life care. Priority consideration will be given to proposals that include one or more of the following:
- Engagement of patients, families, caregivers, and/or community organizations
- Inter-professional or multidisciplinary collaboration
- Institutional and community partnerships
- Provision of care in non-hospital settings
- Measurable goals and outcomes
Amount: Up to five grants of $50,000 each will be awarded for a one-year period.
- U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that are not classified as private foundations
- International organizations that are the equivalent of U.S. 501(c)(3) organizations that are submitting a project that focuses within the United States
- Government entities
- Faith-based organizations that welcome and serve all members of the community regardless of religious belief