Singing for Change Foundation
The Singing for Change Foundation (SFC) funds organizations that inspire personal growth, community integration, and the enhanced awareness that collectively, people can bring about positive change. It believes people can achieve sustainable self-sufficiency through vibrant, diverse communities. The Foundation focuses its resources on inclusive, grassroots organizations that rely strongly on volunteer efforts, where foundation support makes a significant difference. Specifically, it seeks groups that are:
- Working to engage individuals in their communities
- Helping people realize their full potential and become self-sufficient
- Creating lasting change in the communities they serve
Areas of interest include:
- The environment: Grants are awarded to programs teaching people practical, everyday methods of conservation, protection, and the responsible use of natural resources
- Children and families: Grants are awarded to programs fostering self-sufficiency and stability
- Disenfranchised groups: SFC defines these groups as people who have been marginalized in society because of their low levels of skill, education, or income; people with disabilities; and people who are homeless
Projects most likely to be considered are those which:
- Help people overcome social or economic barriers to education or employment
- Promote the empowerment of individuals toward self-sufficiency, and provide opportunities for personal growth that benefit their greater community
- Demonstrate human equality and encourage people to cross boundary lines to help others
Amount: Grants range from $1,000-$10,000.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations or organizations that have a sponsoring agency with nonprofit status. No support is provided to public or private schools.
This post was filed under: