The Audacious ProjectDeadline: June 10, 2018
The Audacious Project is a collaborative approach to funding ideas with the potential to create change at thrilling scale. Housed at TED, the project is a partnership between some of the most respected organizations in philanthropy and the public.
The project is attempting to address a major frustration faced by the world’s change-makers. Without access to venture capital or stock markets, social entrepreneurs have to pitch donors one-by-one, often a deeply inefficient process for all involved. The Audacious Project aims to: (1) encourage the world’s greatest change-agents to dream bigger; (2) shape the best ideas into viable multi-year plans; and (3) present those ideas in a compelling way to potential supporters. The goal is to make philanthropy more collaborative, more inspiring — and more effective.
Amount: Not stated. Last year, the project awarded $406,000,000 to seven initiatives.
Eligibility: Big, ambitious ideas should fulfill the following criteria for consideration:
- You are applying on behalf of yourself and/or your organization
- The idea you are sharing belongs to you and is unique in its field
- You have, or are closely affiliated with, an existing organization that will help you execute your idea
- You have already demonstrated impact in this area
- Your idea is ready for action, and you could begin working towards your goal within the first year of funding
- You have recorded a video that outlines your idea and have uploaded it to a place where it can be easily viewed
- Your idea is big, and will inspire gasps and goosebumps in a short TED Talk