Tribeca Film InstituteDeadline: August 3, 2015
Tribeca Film Institute (TFI) grants support exceptional character-driven, nonfiction works that spotlight contemporary themes with an original focus and bold, creative filmmaking. The TFI Documentary Fund supports feature documentaries, from all over the world, that are in advanced stages of development or in production or post-production.
Amount: Grants range from $25,000 to $50,000
Eligibility: To qualify entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Projects must have no North American theatrical or digital distribution partners in place.
- Projects must be feature-length documentaries with an intended length of at least 67 minutes and should creatively present and depict unique character(s).
- Projects may be in the advanced stages of development, production or post-production, but must not have aired on any form of television, been screened publicly or have been distributed in theatres or via the Internet prior to October 2015.
- Projects should show sufficient footage to demonstrate the potential character, unique access and storytelling ability of the finished project. If footage of current project is not available, it is mandatory to submit a previous work as a sample.
- Applicants must be over 18-years old.