U.S. Conference of Mayors and USA Funds: National Education Pathways With a PurposeDeadline: March 31, 2017
The U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) and USA Funds will award grants to recognize and expand creative initiatives that they have developed in their communities to advance both college and career readiness and college completion. Cities will be recognized for developing strong and enduring collaborations between K-12, higher education systems, and employers to address college preparation and long-term career success. The initiative’s four key elements include:
- Streamlining key education transitions
- Facilitating smoother pathways from campus to the workplace
- Promoting innovative approaches to college and career preparation
- Building new frameworks for data-driven decision-making
The monetary awards will support and/or enhance mayors who have established successful programs to provide education pathways with the purpose of completion and entry into the workplace, and that have calculated measurable results of that success.
Amount: Varies by city size:
- $100,000 to a large city with a population greater than 500,000
- $75,000 to a medium-sized city with a population between 200,000 and 500,000
- $25,000 to a small city with a population fewer than 200,000
Eligibility: USCM member cities.