U.S. Conference of Mayors and USA Funds: National Education Pathways With a Purpose
The U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) and USA Funds will award grants to recognize excellence in mayor-led programs that provide a more purposeful path for America’s students to and through college and on to rewarding careers and successful lives. The two organizations are extending their partnership for a second year to support the National Education Pathways With a Purpose grant competition.
The grant competition will recognize mayor-led programs that include some or all of the following components:
- Enhance student persistence in and completion of postsecondary education or training programs
- Enhance employment of graduates of post-secondary education or training programs in high-value occupations
- Support better alignment of education and training programs with workforce needs, while enhancing the dialogue between employers and education providers
- Promote innovations that help students get through high-quality education and training programs quicker, at less cost and with better prospects for rewarding careers
- Support initiatives that help disadvantaged students graduate from high school with the tools they need to succeed in college and on the job, including programs that provide students with work experience opportunities during their years in school
- Use data to help students and families, policymakers, employers and educational institutions make better education and workforce decisions
Amount: Varies by city size:
- $100,000 to a large city with a population greater than 500,000
- $40,000 to a medium-sized city with a population between 200,000 and 500,000
- $10,000 to a small city
Eligibility: USCM member cities.
This post was filed under: