U.S. Conference of Mayors: CommunityWINS GrantsDeadline: March 17, 2017
The U.S. Conference of Mayors and Wells Fargo are offering the CommunityWINS (Working/Investing in Neighborhood Stabilization) Grant Program. The goal of the program is to assist cities with the opportunity to invest, strengthen, and promote long-term economic prosperity. The awards recognize outstanding mayoral-based initiatives that can assist their city in promoting economic growth and to share these best practices to assist other cities in developing local programs in their market.
Eligible programs must address one of the following categories:
- Neighborhood stabilization: projects designed to stimulate growth, stability, and assist in removing blight and rebuilding communities
- Economic development: projects designed to promote business development
- Job creation: projects to aid in local job creation or assist in job training
All programs must be initiated with the full support of the mayor to be eligible, including those developed and implemented in collaboration with the private sector, community groups, and other partners.
Amount: A total of $1,000,000 is available to make six awards. There will be a total of two awards per population category:
- Large city (population greater than 250,000): One $300,000 award and one $75,000 award
- Medium city (population of 75,000–250,000): One $150,000 award and one $50,000 award
- Small city (population less than 75,000): One $150,000 award and one $50,000 award
Eligibility: Member cities of the U.S. Conference of Mayors may nominate up to three eligible non-profit organizations of the city’s choice to apply. The eligible non-profit must represent a U.S.-based IRS qualified charitable 501(c)(3) organization with a valid tax identification number.