U.S. Department of Agriculture: Rural Business Opportunity GrantsDeadline: June 17, 2014
The primary objective of the Rural Business Opportunity Grant (RBOG) program is to promote sustainable economic development in rural communities with exceptional needs. Grant funds must be used for projects in rural areas and they can be used for:
- Community economic development
- Technology-based economic development
- Feasibility studies and business plans
- Leadership and entrepreneur training
- Rural business incubators
- Long-term business strategic planning
Amount: $2.25 million to be distributed as follows: $1,330,180 for projects benefitting Native Americans in rural areas and $919,820 for projects benefitting Rural Economic Area Partnerships. The maximum award amount is $100,000.
Eligibility: Public bodies, nonprofit corporations, Indian tribes, institutions of higher education, and rural cooperatives.