U.S. Department of Commerce: American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian ProjectDeadline: May 26, 2019
This American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian project (AIANNH) will provide Federal assistance to support innovative projects seeking to promote and ensure the inclusion and use of minority enterprises. The AIANNH will provide support for businesses to encourage new activities, education, outreach, and innovative projects that are not addressed through other programs.
The focus areas of the AIANNH project are job creation and retention, and economic impact for Tribal communities and businesses. The AIANNH projects may provide services including, but not limited to:
- Entrepreneurial assistance
- Capital access
- Federal procurement assistance
- Networking and relationship management
- Deal sourcing
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Strategic infrastructure and economic planning assistance
- Education for entrepreneurial and Tribal entities
AIANNH strategic initiatives include:
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (e.g., business training, access to capital, incubators, accelerators, Federal program coaching)
- Strategic Planning (e.g., fostering, developing, and/or implementing entrepreneurial and economic development)
- Transformative Projects (e.g., support for minority business enterprises (MBEs) involved in infrastructure focused public-private partnerships, and broadband projects)
Amount: Approximately $3,300,000 is available. The funding amount for each award will be determined based on the proposal submitted.
Eligibility: Indian Tribal governments, Tribal entities, Alaska Native Corporations, Native Hawaiian entities, for-profit entities (including but not limited to sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations), non-profit organizations, institutions of higher education, commercial organizations, state and local government entities, and quasi-government entities.