United Way of Central New Mexico
United Way of Central New Mexico (UWCNM) is soliciting proposals for the Community Fund and Affinity Group Grants:
- Community Fund: Delivery of health and human services for residents using strategies that contribute to the accomplishment of self-sufficiency, health, and education results in the central New Mexico community.
- Hispano Philanthropic Society Middle School Initiative: Delivery of services to empower middle school youth to reach their highest potential.
- Women in Philanthropy Self Sufficiency Initiative: Delivery of services to help create sustainable systemic change through grants that address a continuum of services and the most pressing issues for adult women, 18 and over.
- Young Leaders Society High School Initiative Fund: Delivery of services to assist, inspire and empower youth, ages 13-18 and/or in high school, to transition into adulthood and to develop into our future leaders.
Expected results and strategies are detailed in the full RFP/grants manual (http://www.uwcnm.org/sites/default/files/2015-16%20Grant%20Application%20Manual.pdf). Grantees must align their services with these results and strategies.
- Community Fund: Not stated; last year the total granted was $4.2 million
- Hispano Philanthropic Society: Total to be granted: $60,000
- Women in Philanthropy: Total to be granted: $150,000
- Young Leaders Society: Total to be granted: $50,000
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be certified by the IRS as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization
- Provide health and human service(s) in one or more of the four central New Mexico counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance and Valencia
- Serve the vulnerable in the community in the form of a program that aligns with the UWNCM Community Impact Strategy Maps (Affinity Group Applicants must align with one or more respective “Initiative Priorities”)
- Adhere to UWCNM’s non-discrimination policy
- Have a Board of Directors in compliance with agency by-laws
This post was filed under: