Whole Kids Foundation: School Garden GrantsDeadline: October 31, 2017
The Whole Kids Foundation supports schools and inspires families to improve children’s nutrition and wellness. The Foundation’s goals are to:
- Help kids learn to love fresh, nutritious, whole foods
- Increase access to and consumption of these foods in schools
- Inspire families to prepare and share these foods at home
- Encourage community action that supports healthier kids
- Create support tools for educators, who play a vital role in modeling and teaching healthy choices
- End the childhood obesity epidemic
The School Garden Grants program provides grants to a K-12 school, or a nonprofit working in partnership with a K-12 school to support a new or existing edible gardens (growing fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, etc.) on school grounds.
Amount: Grants are up to $2,000 each.
Eligibility: Nonprofit K-12 schools (public, private, or charter) or a 501(c)(3) nonprofits working in partnership with a K-12 school. Applicants must have the participation and support of a partner organization from the community. Previous recipients are not eligible.