WITH Foundation: Supported Decision-Making for Adults with Disabilities
The WITH Foundation provides support to organizations that promote the establishment of comprehensive healthcare for adults with developmental disabilities that is designed to address their unique and fundamental needs. Proposed projects should improve delivery of healthcare to adult customers with developmental disabilities and include at least one of the following:
- Improve health practitioner competency through education and/or training programs
- Address the current inadequate reimbursement system
- Advance formal care coordination including the utilization of trained support personnel/caregivers
- Increase public awareness regarding the inadequacies of developmentally disabled care in order to advance systemic change
- National efforts in digital health that support designers and developers to include the perspectives/experiences of the IDD (Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) community within the design process, in order to create better technology for all
- Social policy research
- Identify and overcome barriers to high-quality healthcare access
- General operating support is only considered for grantees that have previously utilized the Foundation’s project funding
Amount: Grants typically range from $30,000-$50,000.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations. Giving is on a national basis; applications from the San Francisco Bay Area may be given preferential consideration.
This post was filed under: