World of Children: Annual Award ProgramDeadline: April 1, 2016
The World of Children Award was created to recognize and elevate those selfless individuals who make a difference in the lives of children across the globe, regardless of political, religious, or geographical boundaries. The World of Children Award honors these leaders and grants them funds to support the proven, sustainable, high-impact programs they have created for children. The following awards are open for nomination:
- The Protection Award: This award recognizes individuals making extraordinary contributions to children so that they can live free from fear, abuse, and exploitation (including but not limited to trafficking, slavery and sexual imposition). Ultimately, the Award ensures that more children live lives that are free and healthy.
- The Education Award: This award recognizes individuals who are making extraordinary contributions to the lives of vulnerable children in their educational development and providing them the platform from which to become fully productive members of society.
- The Health Award: This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to children in the fields of health, medicine, or the sciences. Health Award Honorees are not necessarily doctors or medical professionals; however, all have achieved and continue to achieve measurable accomplishments to improve the health of children around the world.
- The Humanitarian Award: This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to children in the areas of social services or humanitarian services. The nominee must have created, managed or otherwise supported a sustainable program which has significantly contributed to children’s opportunities to be safe, learn, and grow.
- Youth Award: This award recognizes youth, under the age of 21, who are making extraordinary contributions to the lives of other children. These are visionary young leaders who run sustainable, high-impact programs for children.
- Alumni Award: Funding and support from World of Children Award continues with the honorees in the years following their recognition. The Alumni Award recognizes past honorees whose work has excelled with continuing grant funds.
Amount: The Protection, Education, Health, and Humanitarian Awards have a minimum grant of $50,000. The Youth Award has a minimum grant of $25,000. The Alumni Award category is not listed.
Eligibility: Each nominee must have an existing nonprofit/not-for-profit/NGO/charity organization in good standing and in operation for at least 10 years that can receive grant funds if awarded. The nominee must be the founder, co-founder or visionary leader responsible for the organization’s success and growth, and the organization must entirely focus on the needs of children. The nominee must do this work over and above their normal employment or work for little or no pay. Nominees must have been doing this work with the organization for a minimum of 10 years.