Youth Service America / Hasbro: Be Fearless Be KindDeadline: October 31, 2017
Youth Service America (YSA) is partnering with Hasbro’s signature philanthropic initiative, Be Fearless Be Kind, to encourage young people to stand up for others, include everyone, and take action when they see a problem. Be Fearless Be Kind grants give young people an opportunity to put their empathy, passion, and creativity into action as they #LeadASAP to help make the world a better place.
YSA empowers youth to “lead ASAP” through awareness, service, advocacy, and philanthropy. When youth #LeadASAP, they acquire the skills they need to be successful in life – skills like empathy, creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration. Be Fearless, Be Kind grants will support quality, youth-led service projects that take place between September 18 – December 15, 2017.
Successful applicants will:
- Integrate youth voice and leadership into all aspects of project planning
- Describe how their projects will provide an opportunity for students to develop compassion, empathy, and courage as well as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication
- Engage at least 100, 250, or 500 youth (ages 5-18) in a single day of service, or over a multi-week period
- Describe how their projects will address a significant community need to help fulfill one of the 17 Global Goals (see: http://bit.ly/2hAbInl), including plans to assess project impact against stated goals
- Demonstrate storytelling capacity to use project impacts to inspire and promote more youth to serve year-round
Amount: Grants ranging from $250-$2,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations and K-12 schools (public, private, and independent) that are based in the United States.