We are looking for a rock star who not only loves writing but who “gets” our business model, our business philosophy, and our business beliefs. New Mexico is a state worth investing in and this person will make a big difference. TGP’s keyboards are involved in many multifaceted initiatives. Plus, we have a fun team and provide flexibility that you do not find at other employers, some of the many qualitative benefits of working with TGP. This opportunity is perfect for the person who loves to learn, wants to see his or her impact of work on the community, and thrives on multi-tasking and moving from project to project with humor and grace.
The complete job description and more information is available for download on our website.
Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals, grant applications, letters of inquiry, nominations and individual applications, and other compelling documents. The Resource Development Officer also performs professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, and developing inquiries and responses to public and private grant opportunities in diverse areas of Social Services, Education, Technology, Economic Development, Youth Development, and an array of others. Qualified candidates will possess excellent writing, computer, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
The Resource Development Officer must be highly dependable with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to work efficiently and have respect for maximizing use of minimal client resources, have a sense of humor, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities; outstanding writing ability; comprehensive knowledge of data and prospect research; and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs. Work is performed under direction of the Leadership Team in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate must be independent, motivated, and driven to succeed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Alignment with the eight organizational values of TGP
- Belief that New Mexico is a state worth investing in and that the state can increase its ranking in all measures of quality of life
- Relentless pursuit of perfection; will not settle for mediocrity
- Detailed and thorough approach to project management
- Deep understanding of grant seeking and philanthropy, and the emotional intelligence to work effectively with diverse leaders and different personalities
- Ability to be a bold and engaging team member; a leader who inspires and motivates colleagues and clients with new ideas, while at the same time being a “ghost” writer for clients and projects
- Ability to strategically collect information and input while helping design programs and budgets; ability to move projects forward with limited information
- Evidence of success discerning what is important vs. urgent and prioritizing for maximum efficiency; ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Problem-solving skills, with a combination of confidence and humility
- Effective and winning communication skills, both oral and written, and understands the importance of voice and listening to others during project development; ability to break down complex processes into systematic and simple tasks
- Collaborative decision-making style, with a proven track record of working with individuals at all levels to drive values-based decision-making and results
- Self-awareness, with an ability to treat all members of the community with respect and hold an accurate idea of one’s own strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to accept and provide constructive criticism and edits of work
- Ability to deal with rejection in a healthy way
- Absolute integrity and commitment to working in a team-based environment
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample or personal essay (statement of interest) to email@example.com.
This post was filed under: Inside TGP